Guidelines for preparing a workshop
CESBA invites you to share your expertise!
For nearly 20 years, the annual CESBA Conference has offered a wide range of professional networking and learning opportunities to inform and inspire exemplary practice in adult and continuing education (A&CE) across Ontario.
As a potential workshop presenter, you have an opportunity to lead a learning session with educators from across Ontario. To ensure a range of viewpoints and diverse experiences, presenters are encouraged to collaborate on their proposals.
The theme of the 2018 CESBA Conference is Leading Change, Unlocking Potential, with a focus on:
- Flexible learning models
- Collaborative approaches
- Digital literacy
- Social wellbeing
- Indigenous learners
- Sustainable funding models
What kind of proposals are we looking for?
CESBA is looking for diverse, interactive and engaging proposals for workshops that….
- Inspire leadership and cooperation among educators and learners
- Showcase strategies for designing learning models
- Present diverse perspectives in response to timely trends and practices in A&CE
- Encourage a dialogue about current issues and directions that affect A&CE today
- Interactive workshop (60 to 75 minutes in length)
- Panel discussion (60 to 75 minutes in length)
- Flash Learning (60 to 75 minutes in length): Fast-paced sessions where 2-3 speakers present on a related topic for 15 minutes each, using 5-10 PowerPoint slides.
LEAD AND CO-PRESENTERS
Before adding a co-presenter to your proposal, please confirm their willingness to be included. Lead presenters and co-presenters may not be added or changed after the deadline date for submissions.
The lead presenter will receive a free registration to the full Conference. All accepted lead workshop presenters are encouraged to attend other colleagues’ workshop sessions.
First-time presenters are requested to submit references.
WORKSHOP REVIEW AND DECISIONS
CESBA’s Conference Committee will review workshop submissions in a timely manner. Accepted presenters will be notified via email by June 22, 2018.
Workshop presenters will be asked to sign a presenter agreement to acknowledge their acceptance of the terms and conditions of these guidelines, including permission to post your workshop materials on the CESBA website. The agreement will be emailed with your acceptance. A copy of the agreement must be returned to CESBA no later than two months prior to the Conference.
HANDOUTS & DELEGATE MATERIALS
- Handouts or delegate materials should support all workshops. Presenters are responsible for duplicating and providing enough handouts for their session. There are no on-site copying facilities.
- Presenter permission will be obtained on the ‘Presenter Agreement’ to share your workshop learning materials on the CESBA website, following the Conference.
- A copy of your workshop materials should be emailed to CESBA before the event and will be shared on the CESBA website.
Presenters must indicate instructional media equipment requirements in their workshop proposal. CESBA cannot guarantee any last-minute requests for equipment. CESBA is not responsible for any damage to, or loss of personal materials or equipment. An audio-visual support specialist will be an on-hand during the Conference to trouble-shoot.
CESBA reserves the right to cancel workshop sessions with low enrolment, prior to the Conference. Once your workshop proposal has been accepted, CESBA will confirm your session enrolment numbers about 10-14 days prior to the actual Conference
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT…
- Consider which focus and workshop format best suits your presentation
- Review all components carefully to be sure all required information is present and complete
- Complete and submit your proposal